Monday, April 19, 2010

Cilantro and Feta Salad


I am in awe of simple combinations. Tomatoes and Parmesan, Peanut butter and bananas, Cream cheese and salmon. When it comes to cilantro, having cilantro and feta comes as close to perfection as it gets. For this recipe (serves 1), I used:

1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 oz cubed goat's feta
2 sun dried tomatoes on olive oil, chopped cut finely

Feel free to drizzle olive oil on top, add avocado or walnuts, if you need a variety of fats. I usually don't add any fat when tomatoes have been preserved in oil, since that usually adds enough taste. You could make this salad with parsley, but it reminds me of Tabbouleh too much. Cilantro has a much sweeter flavor and aftertaste, which is exactly why there are 2 pots of it on my balcony.

What are your simple combinations?

1 comment:

  1. I think a Caprese Salad is maybe the ultimate.

    Pesto, but you still have to put it on something. Anything and everything, though so it gets a pass.

    A sweet and salty trail mix of raisins, salted almonds, and walnuts

    A hot dog with mustard

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...