Thursday, February 10, 2011

An Art of Real Food Style Omelet

I haven't been blogging for a while. It would be a large understatement to say that I've been busy. Me and Diana released volume 2 and 3 of The Art of Real food and right after the official release of volume 3, I packed up and left on a trip to the US. Since then, I have been happily engaged, extremely jet lagged and more or less adjusting to the huge change.

I don't have many things I am used to having in the pantry here, and until I stock up, the recipes you will see coming are mostly of the what's-in-the-fridge-type. Yesterday morning I made the apple omelet featured in our first book, but made a few adjustments for ingredients we don't have yet and ones that I really enjoy and wanted to include.

So here it is, a folded apple and cream cheese omelet. Enjoy!

ARF style apple omlet3

To make 1 omelet you need:

1 small apple
2 eggs
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp coconut flakes (unsweetened)
dash of cinnamon
4-5 almonds

Grate the apple, squeeze the excess liquid out (and yes you can drink the juice, its delicious). In a pan over medium heat, melt half the butter and cook the apple, coconut and cinnamon, until soft. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the cooked apple and coconut and stir. Return to the pan and cook on both sides in the remaining butter. When done, put the cream cheese and almonds inside, and fold. Cut in half. For a sweet tooth or a post workout meal, you can serve this breakfast with some honey.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your engagement! You were definitely missed :)
    Funny, I was just searching for an inspiration for a fruit based omelette, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use pears, quinces and pumpkin instead of the apple, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...