Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin cheesecake with almond crust


It's pumpkin season and there is always some baked pumpkin in my fridge. I use it to make pumpkin soup, pumpkin hummus and pumpkin cookies, I use it as as a vegetable side, in other words, it gets used a lot. The last two cups of it went into a delicious cheesecake I shared with my friends, but I saved you a picture of a mini cheesecake I made on the side.

Here is the recipe for 10 pieces made in a pie dish:
2 cups pumpkin, cooked, drained
4 eggs, whole
10 oz reduced fat cream cheese
2 tbsp butter
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon

Heat the oven to 300 F. In a pan, melt the butter and mix with the nutmeg and almond meal. If you like the sweet taste you can add 1 tbsp of brown sugar here. Use the mixture to coat the bottom of the baking dish. In a bowl, mix the eggs, cream cheese, pumpkin, honey and cinnamon. I like to use a blender because it's fast and the texture becomes very smooth and even.

Pour the mixture into the baking dish and cook for 45 minutes. Wait for it to cool off and please enjoy responsibly. Don't be selfish and keep the whole thing to yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I'm make a lot this year. Soups, and cubed into stew.

    I have a lot of seeds dried out and ready to go, but can't decide how to do them up. I'm thinking of using exotic spices, but don't know which ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can easily use salt and call it a day. Use different salts, like the black one you have ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...