Monday, January 18, 2010

Delicate basil mango and cottage cheese

Cooked mango has a wealth of amazing flavors to offer and it goes great on virtually anything. A few months ago, I used basil in a wonderful mango chutney, and this morning remembered how well they go together.

To make this mango - cottage cheese breakfast, you need:

1/2 ripe mango, sliced in long slices
1/2 tbsp butter
3 large basil leaves
handful of pomegranate arils
1 cup of cottage cheese

Warm up the butter over medium heat and cook the mango slices with the whole basil leaves, turning on both sides. Add the pomegranate arils toward the end of the cooking process and serve together with the cottage cheese while still warm.

I would suggest adding coconut cream if you would enjoy a creamier version of this recipe.

Let me know how it works for you and enjoy awesome breakfasts all week :)

8 comments:

  1. Galia, this looks amazing! I wish I had seen the recipe before I went grocery shopping today. Funny enough, I was looking at some mangoes but thought I had no use for them so I didn't get any. I am definitely making this later this week!

    Best,
    no_bs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you should by all means get some.
    I am making some fish and mango later today, so you may like that, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you also post the recipe for fish and mango, please? I've always wanted to try this combination but never got myself to do it, really. Thanks. Pavlina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do it, as soon as I have pictures. It's very easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I made it today, and had if as a snack after a long walk on the beach. I forgot to get fresh basil so I used dried one. It came out delicious! I have some of the cooked mango left and will warm it up tomorrow and have it for breakfast.

    Thank you for being such an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to serve this as a dessert and added some coconut crumbs and brown sugar crystals in the butter. It wasn't healthy anymore, but my guests were fascinated.
    Thanks, Gal!

    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course it was healthy :)Coconut is awesome and sugar is just sugar, we don't eat it every day...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...