Friday, June 12, 2009

Decadent Blueberry Protein Pancakes

I love the way protein powder cooks and how it can transform regular recipes into flavorful satisfying healthy breakfasts and snacks.

I have always loved pancakes and I must say that I don't have a favorite recipe, because deciding between cardamom chickpea pancakes and apple coconut pancakes is hard.

But here are the pancakes from this morning, which I have to convince myself not to have again this afternoon.

For two pancakes you will need:

2 eggs
1 scoop protein powder (vanilla is best)
2 tbsp oat bran/wheat bran
handful blueberries

Mix all and let it sit for about 15 minutes.

In a pan over medium heat, brushed with some butter or sprayed with cooking spray, spread the mixture in two equal sized pancakes and cook until brown on both sides. Serve with sugar free syrup or if you need extra protein, add 2 tbsp cream cheese for an extra 60 calories.

For the whole recipe: calories 331, fat 19.5 gr, carbs 31 gr, protein 25 gr

2 comments:

  1. I love these. i make them all the time now. I did make a few changes. 1 egg, 1 scoop protein powder, a few tablespoons of milk, and about 4 tablespoons of oatbran. it works out better for me for somereason. i use skim milk and usually no more than 2 tablespoons. oh and blueberries. yummy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...