Monday, June 7, 2010

Cherry Cardamom Yogurt

Cherries and cardamom are a couple made in heaven. When I think of new ways to have my yogurt my mind searches through the libraries of spices, tastes and textures, stored in my head from trips, talks, movies, books...

There is something deep to the sweetness of cherries and it can easily be transferred onto the plain tangy nature of Greek yogurt. Cardamom adds the exotic note here and peeled almonds add even more coolness for an afternoon summer snack.

If you have never peeled almonds, all you need to do is soak them in hot water and the skin will come off easily in a few minutes. You can then use them for decoration or add them to recipes. Moms may like to know that almonds prepared in this way are linked to more breast milk production.

To make 1 large or 2 smaller servings cherry yogurt you need:

1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup cherries, pitted
8-10 peeled almonds
2 cardamom pods, crushed

Blend all in a blender or chopper and place in one large or two smaller bowls. Store in the fridge till you need a refreshing snack. If you choose to add water or coconut milk to this creamy yogurt, you will get a delightful shake!

4 comments:

  1. Neveroiatno izglejda!!! Sledvashtiat pat platno do teb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ти си виновна за изгледа ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried this one! For my breakfast tomorrow.
    But ... I made it a little bit different as I didn't have Greek yogurt and I didn't want to use nuts because of too much fat in my "low" day.
    So, I mixed 125 g Ricotta, 50 g of cherries, 1 vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of liquid sweetener.
    It's amazing!!!
    Tnx for your great ideas :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...