Monday, August 31, 2009

Nut and Berry Protein Bars


Let me just say that when we sort of got lost on the hike last Wednesday, me and my client and good friend Julie, were glad we had those in my bag.

I love convenience. I love protein packed convenience. I also love NOT counting calories in the foods I make and I never do for hike foods, since hiking cancels whatever I cooked out.

Make your own bars, then take a hike and let me know how it was!

Ingredients:

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup oat bran
1 grated apple
1/2 cup berries ( I used aronia/chokeberry here)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (roughly 50 grams)
1/2 cup nuts
1/4 cup dried fruit (cranberries in this recipe)
3 eggs
2 tsp pumpkin spice

Mix all the ingredients and let them sit for half an hour. Pour in a silicone pan and bake for about 20 minutes at 370F. Cut while still warm, pizza cutters work best in my opinion.

To store, wrap in a wet towel and keep in the fridge. That's if they last.

1 comment:

  1. I love these. I've made them a few times. I even brought them to a mothers club meeting and they got great reviews. I was thinking about making them tonight, but realized I didn't have any apples in the house : (. I was thinking I could substitute with a pear, but I don't even have one of these. : ). oh well, I'll wait until I can pick up some apples.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...