Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wheat berry pancakes

...served with caramelized pineapple...mmm

My wonderful clients Deny and Yoana have a hard time figuring what to have for breakfast, so just for them, and you, hungry fit readers, I am publishing most of my breakfasts.

Today was a special day, because I had two of my favorite foods in the kitchen: wheat berries (or wheat sprouts) and pineapple. I love pineapple for the taste, but I also appreciate it for the enzymes. It's delicious raw and caramelized, on healthy pizza, in seafood salads, you name it, it can make most things taste good.

Wheat berries have a delightful nutty flavor and amazing texture and I love eating them just with yogurt and honey or in salads, but today I wanted to use them in this awesome fluffy pancake.


To make you need:

4 tbsp wheat berries
1 tbsp flax meal
2 tbsp oat meal or oat bran
2 tsbp ricotta cheese
2 eggs

few drops of vanilla or 1/2 inch of a vanilla bean

Mix all and cook both sides in a medium heated pan coated with ghee or butter.

Enjoy with caramelized pineapple or a tablespoon of good honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...